Saturday

Shedding

So, a quick update: I have moved once again, and now residing in Yellowknife, NWT in northern Canada. For how long I do not know... but I'm here now.

I lived here about 5 years ago and left behind my snake, a ball python named Soba. I think I like snakes so much because they are able to shed their skins and start fresh.

With Soba in mind, I too have decided to shed my "old skin" and start fresh. I'm letting go of pre-conceptions I have about myself as well as all the extra "padding" I've gained in the past year.

I was never a "jogger". When I started about 6 months ago, I could jog one minute, walk one minute, with a learn to run program. By the end of that 20 minute session I was ready to die. I can now run for 28 minutes without stopping.

I always wondered what the lure of running was, but since I've started, I realise that its kind of like a drug; a high. I feel so clear headed and focused after I run which has opened my eyes to so many things I wasnt happy with in my life.

Since September, I've lost about 10 lbs, and about 12 inches off my body. The shedding process has started. I've also begun weening off the anti-anxiety meds that once empowered me, but now just make me feel like a victim of my own circumstances. I feel healthy. I feel happy. I feel like my arms are wide open, accepting gratefully everything the universe is bringing to me.

I remember how unhappy I was when I was here the first time. I feel like a different person. I feel like I've never been here before, it's a new city, with brand new opportunities, and here I am, once again, but as a new me. A lighter, more pure version of my former self.

No comments:

Post a Comment