Sunday

Where I lay my Head


In the past 11 months, I've had 5 different bedrooms, in 4 different place across Canada.
In the past 13 years, I've had 21 different bedrooms, including the 5 in the past year. For someone who's not a big fan of packing and unpacking, I sure do it alot.


But like the lyrics to a song I once heard, "free to roam, made a home out of everywhere I've been", that's exactly what I do. I've made every place I've been in, whether it's a month or 2 years, a little piece of me. My own little sanctuary to go to at the end the of the day.

I've been lucky enough over the years to have found some really great places. Some were temporary, in the homes of friends or family. Some were housing through companies I worked for. Some were dives.


The house that I'm renting now is owned by Parks Canada, and up until 2 weeks ago, I had roomates. But with fall getting closer, most of the students working in the park for the summer have been packing up and leaving. So now I have a 3 bedroom furnished house all to myself. Yay!
Before that I stayed with grandparents for a few weeks, here in Rocky Hr. Before that I was housesitting for 2 months in St. John's for a friend who works offshore. Before that I stayed at my parents house, in Gander, NL, in a room that I used as a teenager.

I stayed with my parents for 6 months, which doesnt sound like a long time, but for anyone who has lived on their own for 13+ years, and then moved back in with the folks, you know how potentially frustrating this can be, no matter how much you love them...

Before that I stayed with my sister in Kamloops, BC for a little over a month. and before that I was in Jeju, Gunpo, Seoul, (all Korea) Yellowknife NorthWest Territories, Changwon Korea, and also Halifax, Dartmouth, Coldbrook and Wolfville all in Nova Scotia.


No comments:

Post a Comment