Tuesday

Oh, Canada

Since July is Canada's birthday, I've made a list of things I love about being back home. Things I forgot about, or missed dearly, or just simply took for granted while I was away.

1. gravy. I know how silly it sounds, but I love gravy, and not being bale to have it whenever I wanted made me sad. I guess that goes for Poutine as well, a Canadian meal of fries, cheese curds and, of course gravy. mmmm

2. drive through service.- drive through coffee, drive through food, drive through banking, drive through liquor. We're a lazy country.

3. Diversity- of cultures, languages, religion, food. I like being part of the melting pot.



4. Wide. open. space. and as much of it as you can handle.



5. Wilderness. not just a park, or a small patch of forest, but vast areas of uncharted land with animals bigger than a squirrel.

6. Drinking from the tap. So many people in first world countries don't realize how lucky they are to have access to clean running drinkable tap water. I dont care what it tastes like, if it's safe to drink I'm gonna stick my head under the tap and lap it up.

7. Camping. Canada is known for it's woods, so get off the couch and get your tent and sleeping bag, we're goin' camping. mosquitoes, and fires and long johns, oh my!

8.Having personal space. Most asian countries, being as populated as they are, maybe give up on the idea of people having their own "personal space" and just become unaware of others bumping into them ,or reading over their shoulder, or sitting next to you on the subway when all the other seats are empty.....

9. Open-mindedness ( for the most part) of things that are different; not the "norm" of society... I know there's still a long way to go with some things, but Canada, comparetively you are doing great.

10. The laid back aura of Canadians in general. Rules Shmules! "It's ok, It's all good, no worries, what odds, geez bye dont worry about it!" These are all things I hear on a daily, if not hourly, basis.

11. Ceasar salads, ceasar drink and fish and chips. preferably all served at the same time.

12. Books! in English! Libraries full of 'em!

13. Clothes that fit my big 'ol Canadian butt.

14. Patios. nothing like sitting in the sun with a beer, or if one should be so lucky, a Ceasar.

15. Freshly brewed coffee anywhere you go. no instant stuff.

16. Newfoundland culture. nuttin like it in da world. Scuff n scoff? mugg up? or just a good ol yarn over a tea.


I know there's alot more, but that's all my brain could come up with for now.
It's good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment