Tuesday

iLife

I just bought an iPhone. I am both excited and saddened.
Excited because it is a shiney new toy to play with, and it's nice having a cell phone again.
Saddened because I have joined part of a generation, for who the iPhone is an cultural icon. It is a whole way of life that one can not avoid being part of even without owning the iphone. There were no "apps" in life before this thing. It annoyed me. Everything was suddenly connected to itunes, ipods, iphones.

I tried to convince myself that it was "just a phone" ... a pretty, shiney, very smart, useful phone... just a phone that has a compass, recipes, GPS, can be used in any country and changed into any language... who am I kidding? I'm suckered.
Am I really behind technolgy thinking that this phone is magic? can other phones do this? I mean it doesnt take much to impress me- I remember when I got a phone that could take pictures and video and I was blown away. That said, I also remember my parents getting their first "cell" phone that was about the size of a shoe box and plugged into the car lighter. yea.

so, having something so perfectly fit to my every like, is pretty amazing to me.
Now....if it could brew my coffee in the morning as it's waking me up...

No comments:

Post a Comment