Wednesday

The countdown begins

I decided my last post was a little harsh, and I was having a bad day.
I do love Korea, for all it's quirks and faults, also for its beauty and uniqueness. My boyfriend is Korean... although he makes me want to punch things sometimes, but that might just be him and not his "Korean-ness".
I've also booked my plane ticket to go home for a few months to hang out with my sister in Vancouver, then Yellowknife to meet my niece Vyka Bean and nephew Shaeden for the first time, then Edmonton to see relatives and friends, and finally to my folks house in quiet, small town, Newfoundland. Yep, I'm a newf.

M journey home begins August 28th


My youngest sis Jenn with hubby T

My nephew Shae makin mischief with the dog

Shaeden with a mohawk! what a coooool kid!

My niece Vyka Bean


My other sister Jilly (mother of Shae and Vyka)
and finally, home in NL with moms and pops
If you're wondering right now if I have an accent, I do not. I left when I was young, and lived mostly in Halifax before coming to Korea (2003) and not all Newfs have an accent. although we do have an AWSOME dialect. We are also the only province in Canada to have it's own dictionary. http://www.heritage.nf.ca/dictionary/
When I'm drunk and around other Newfs, I can definetly break out the accent. Maybe when I'm home, I'll make a video of Newfie drunkeness :)
Speaking of going home... I've realised that I am now one of the last of all my friends that I went to high school or university with that hasnt gotten engaged, married, pregnant, bought a house, or become a mother. Does turning 30 mean I'm supposed to be on the way to something like that? Is it normal to really REALLY not want any of those things??

2 comments:

  1. are you sure he was making mischief and not just eating dog food?

    it's always good to go home. :-)

    and forget all that crap about what you should do by the time you turn 30. you have to live YOUR life. i married the wrong guy (the first time) with thinking like that and it's a pain the ass to remedy that (sorry for swearing on your blog). you're fine! you're a canadian in korea--how many of those do you know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He could have very well been eating the dog food. haha that kid is a handful apparently!

    Thanks for the ego boost about being 30 and not married and what not :) I agree- there shouldnt be any pressure about that kind of stuff- which is why I despise people asking when I'm going to "settle down". you just gave me my inspiration for another post haha

    ReplyDelete