Monday

I need to get away from here

After 6 years in Korea, and my recent bought of homesickness that prodded me start this blog just 5 months ago, I have decided that it is in fact time for me to leave. Probably not permenantly, but for a couple of months for sure.

I know this because I have lost every morsel of patience for pretty much everything in my day to day life here.


I have been doing things to help relieve stress, and I am proactive enough to know that I needed advice from an unbisaed person. I had a "therapy "session with an American counsellor located in Seoul to help get some perspective. It did help. alot. I felt motivated to make some decisions I had been putting off- the biggest one being: getting the hell out of this country for a while.
I apologise if it sounds like I'm hating on Korea; I'm not. I know it's me, I know I'm burnt out. So re-signing my contract come September, would be a bad, bad idea.

Case and point:
I awoke this morning to 6 dead cockroaches on my indoor veranda, probably dead because of the spray I used to kill 2 last night. ugh. After arriving to school this morning, I found this blog http://http://underquarantine.tumblr.com/page/3 about a group of 50+ English teachers being held in quarantine for suspicion of contracting the swine flu.

The last couple of weeks have been similar to this. Not that either of these things are dramatic enough to put me over the edge, but day in and day out, lately there seems to be alot of things that just rub me the wrong way...
Anyways...
The part that really made me angry was the fact that a) I've been here long enough to know there is almost zero communication between the people in charge and people doing the work, which means, no one is really telling anyone anything. and b) the Korean government seems to be doing a good job of keeping the whole thing secretive- the Korean newspapers dont seem to have the exact details of or even how many are actually being held. I've posted some pictures from this guys Blog about being inside the quarnatine, but you should DEFINELTY read it for yourself. It's ridiculous. .... I need to go home for a while...

residential facility that is being used as quarantine

dealing with boredom
listening to one of the health officials tell them thay would have to be isolated to their own rooms 24/7. neat.

2 comments:

  1. taking decisions...I guess it´s all about.
    Sometimes is tough.
    That´s life!.
    ::)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I know - i think i was having a bad day haha. but now that I know I'm going home to visit my family I feel a little better

    ReplyDelete